Obesity has become a global problem, and it appeared as a great challenge to all people of the world. According to WHO, more than 1.9 billion adults aged 18 and older were overweight, and 650 million adults were obese. And it is increasing day by day. Obesity woman has a significant role in contributing to the global burden of chronic non-communicable diseases.
DEFINITION OF OBESITY:
Obesity can be described as an accumulation of excessive body fat that may harm an individual’s health.
Obesity is designated by body mass index (BMI) calculated by body weight divided by the square of height.
In general, BMI less than 18.5 kg/m2 is considered underweight, 18.524.9 kg/m2 is a normal or healthy weight, 25 kg/m2 or greater is overweight, and 30 kg/m2 or greater is obese.
CAUSE OF”OBESITY WOMAN”:
1. GENETIC INFLUENCE(FAMILY HISTORY):
Few numbers of obese patients develop adiposity directly or indirectly from particular genetic defects. Sometimes trisomy 21 results in abnormal production of some hormones that are related to obesity. Other congenital defects like Cohen syndrome, Wiedemann syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, and Bardet-Biedl syndrome can cause obesity.
2. EATING BEHAVIOR:
Unhealthy eating habits cause obesity, no doubt. One of the most important causes of obesity is to consume palatable unhealthy food(fat, sugar). The “pleasure centre” of the brain activates the opioid system and dopaminergic system when we take unhealthy food.
“55 Powerful Eating Habits That Will Keep You Healthy & Feeling Energized”- This book helps you a lot to make a healthy diet.
You can read his book using this link :
For the UNITED STATES: 55 Powerful Eating Habits That Will Keep You Healthy & Feeling Energized.
3. MEDICINE THAT MAY CAUSE OBESITY:
Excessive appetite may stimulate by some medicine. Increase food intake and reduce physical activity may lead to overweight.
Some medicine affects the body’s metabolism. By burn calory at a slower rate.
Example of this type of medicines are:
- Antidepressants ( amitriptyline, doxepin).
- Antihistamines(cetrezine, desloratadine).
- Epilepsy medication(Gabapentin,pregabalin).
- Beta-blockers (atenolol, metoprolol).
4. STRESSFUL LIFE( DEPRESSION):
A stressful life can be responsible for the development of emotional eating. Some people feel free to eat whenever they are stressed or depressed emotionally. Stress causes alterations of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. Chronic stress can increase insulin, cortisol levels. And it can promote preference of eating more palatable food resulting in visceral fat.
5. LACK OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
Lack of physical activity is one of the most important causes of obesity. Now we are in the digital era; many people do their job in chairs and tables most of the day.
The internet, T.V., browser, video game make us too lazy. Physical activity is very crucial for normal body activity. If you need to lose weight, there was no alternative to physical activity.
EFFECT OF OBESITY IN WOMEN:
Our society has become more technical and digital. Most people do computer work rather than physical work. Modern technology has given us a more comfortable life. But every rose has its thorn. The result of a more comfortable life is less physical work causing an increase in body weight. Generally, there are more obese women than males.
Obesity increases the risk of many diseases as:
- Gallbladder disease.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Obesity highly increases the chance of infertility in women.
- Overweight is also associated with polycystic ovary syndrome.
PREVENTION OF “OBESITY WOMAN”:
1. Measurement “OBESITY WOMAN”:
Measurement of Body mass index is the only way to know surely if you an obese or not. Body mass index is the ratio of weight and height squire. Using this free online tool, you can calculate your BMI(click here to measure BMI). But the problem is how you choose a proper weight machine and Wall Mounted Compact Stadiometer without error. You can use this device for home use.
Best weight machine according to our research:
2. Reduce sedentary time:
- Leaving public transport.
- Park the car far than usual from work or the shopping area.
- Use stairs rather than using the elevator.
- Walk for 5 min in every 2 hours of work.
- Play with your pet.
- Now, You can use technology as a smart band or fitness tracking smart band to reduce stationary time by giving the notification when you are sitting for a long time.
Best fitness tracking smart band or smartwatch within budget:
Your diet should include all aspects of the food groups, including carbohydrates. Low-carbohydrate diets, Mediterranean-style diets are very much beneficial.
- Avoid consumption of high caloric food.
- Adequate water intake.
- Limiting alcohol consumption.
- Adequate protein intake.
- Fill up on fiber.
There is no way to prevent your weight gain if you don’t exercise. Exercise and good physical activity are associated with the maintenance of proper weight.
150 minute moderate or 75-minute heavy exercise per week is effective.
TREATMENT OF “OBESITY WOMAN”:
1. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY or EXERCISE:
Increase physical activity is essential to increase energy expenditure. Daily exercise helps avoid injury; for example- injuries to the foot and lower limbs, falling injury, and overexertion injuries are helpful.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY TIPS:
- Initially, start the exercise with the small task of daily living like stair climbing, walking, swimming.
- Then more strenuous activities like aerobic exercise, dancing, jumping, etc.
- Playing volleyballs.
- Playing football.
- Jumping rope.
- Water aerobic.
- Stair walking.
The trainer will guide you properly because over-exercise or overtraining may cause injury.
Phentermine and fenfluramine were used previously but were withdrawn from the market due to adverse effects.
Phytolacca berry tablets or mother tincture (Homoeopathic medicine) use extensively in obesity. And the result is effective.
Contact us to know about the doses of homeopathic medicine. Our team will connect you with a most renowned homeopathic doctor. (Click here)
Best homeopathic phytolacca medicine for obese woman:
For the UNITED STATES: Homeopathy Phytolacca Berry Tablets for obesity/weight loss.
For INDIA: Phytolacca Berries Tabs – Fat loss
3. DIETARY THERAPY:
Eat foods from all of the food groups each day. This is a great way to ensure you are getting all the nutrients your body needs, and it helps to ward off any diet deficiencies.
The center of dietary therapy for wt. Loss is low calory diet: 800 – 1500 Kcal /day.
- Try to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up.
- Whole grains (whole wheat, oats, brown rice, quinoa).
- Try to go as vegetarian as you can. (colorful variety-not potatoes).
- Whole fruits because whole fruit contains fiber (not fruit juices).
- Nuts, seeds, beans, and other healthful sources of protein (fish and poultry).
- Take more berry-like fruit.
4. BEHAVIOUR THERAPY (LIFESTYLE):
Behavioral therapy to obesity is currently recommended for the treatment of mild to moderate obesity. This helps patients modify their eating and exercise behaviors to change energy balance.
GUIDE TO CHANGE LIFESTYLE:
- Decreasing sedentary activities such as TV watching etc.
- Self-monitoring of eating habits and physical activity.
- Stress management- meditation, relaxation.
- Goal setting- The goal in behavioral programs is to achieve a weight loss of 0.5–1 kg/week.
- Stimulus control- stop seeing food blogging video. Join the weight loss community for positive reinforcement.
- Rewards or appreciation.
Bariatric surgery, in the Greek word barrios, stands for weight. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the eligibility criteria for bariatric surgery include patients with a body mass index is ≥40 kg/m2 or those with a BMI ≥ of 35 kg/m2 with significant obesity-related comorbidities.
Complications patient may suffer after surgery:
- Vit. B 12 deficiency.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHT BELOW!