The prevalence of low back pain is seen in all age groups. People between 35 and 55 ages are commonly affected. Untreated low back pain can cause disability. There are several surveys in multiple countries that reveal 60-80% of people have low back pain for a lifetime. Reasons for low back pain right side or unilateral low back pain may be mechanical or chemical in origin.
In chemical origin; Irritation of free nerve ending by some chemical which releases due to inflammation or infection.
In mechanical origin; the Irritation of free nerve ending by abnormal mechanical stress, →nociceptive or pain receptor system gets activated→pain arrives.
1. Sitting for a prolonged period(Occupational posture):
Office workers who work for 8 – 9 hours a day in poor posture may develop low back pain right side. Poor office ergonomics is also an important factor for developing low backache.
- When you sit for a few minutes, your back muscles get tired and relax, so this results in slouched sitting posture. If you maintain this posture for a long time, your spinal ligaments are under stress and cause pain.
- A poorly designed chair is used in a long-sitting workplace.
- The height of the table is not perfect according to your height.
- In the present COVID-19 pandemic situation, many companies offer their workers to work from home. Improper ergonomic care, and working for a long time in bed, are also the burning problem behind low back pain.
- Keeping a wallet in the back pocket during sit.
- Long drive with poorly design seat.
2. Sudden movement:
When you sleep in bed, your back muscles are not working and at rest. Then you suddenly sit up in bed because of some disturbance. This type of movement causes excess stress in the back. If your back muscles are not too functional because of a lack of physical activity, you may get pain.
3. Poor weight lifting technique:
One of the big causes of back pain is lifting the heavy object incorrectly and repeatedly.
Cause of low back pain for heavy weight lifting:
- Rounding the back during lifting the object may damage the lumbar vertebrae.
- Hold the load far away from your body. It will increase the load in the lumbar vertebrae.
- Sudden jerky weight lifting is also an important cause.
- If you already have any spinal pathology and the symptom increases in forwarding bending. Lifting weight may aggravate the symptom.
4. Trauma or injury:
Traumatic low back pain is due to injury of muscle and ligaments.
- Sudden whiplash-type injury causes sudden straightening of the spine and injury occurs.
- Muscle spasm.
- A compression fracture in osteoporotic patients.
- Tear or Strain of muscle or ligaments.
5. Degenerative disc disease:
Degenerative disc disease occurs when discs between the vertebrae shrink, dehydrate, and compress. Gradually loss of normal structure and function of the disc. Causes of disc injury are improper weight lifting, injury, aging, poor posture, and traumatic injury.
6. Facet joint syndrome:
One of the most common reasons for low back pain right side is facet joint syndrome. Common sites of facet joint pain are L4-L5 and L5-S1. Facet joint syndrome occurs when the uneven weight transfers through the spine. Because of this, wear and tear of joints occur as a result of arthritis occurs. Joint became inflamed. Irritated joints send pain sensation via nerves.
7. Obesity as a cause of low back pain right side :
An obese person may experience low back pain due to herniated disk or structural change of intervertebral disk.
There are so many reasons behind low back pain. Knowing the cause helps you to take proper steps for a cure.
SOME OTHER CAUSE OF BACK PAIN:
- Kidney stone or kidney infection.
- Ovarian cyst.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Pancreatic cancer.
- Sacroiliac joint problem.